Maria's Veggie Wrap
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ avocado, peeled and diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 8 tablespoons Fresh Salsa
- In a nonstick pan, sauté the peppers and onion in the canola oil for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add beans, stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and chili powder. Reserve half of the mixture for topping.
- Add sour cream to beans and mix well.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Fill a warmed tortilla with ¼ bean mixture and ¼ avocado mixture. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of salsa over the bean and avocado mixture.
- Fold ends of the tortilla over. Roll up to make wraps. Top the veggie wraps with remaining avocado mixture. Follow this process for three other wraps.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 wrap
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 318 mg
Total Fiber 14 g
Protein 16 g
Carbohydrates 66 g
Potassium 976 mg