For Health Care Professionals
The P.A.D. Coalition provides a variety of resources for health care professionals , including:
- The 2005 guidelines on the management of P.A.D.
- Additional products such as pocket guides and wall charts, and
- Multimedia learning presentations available via archived Web cast or CD.
In addition, the following materials are available for health care professionals to share with their patients:
A new NHLBI-sponsored study, CLEVER (Claudication: Exercise Vs. Endoluminal Revascularization), is currently recruiting patients. The CLEVER study will examine the relative merits of three commonly used treatments-supervised P.A.D. exercise rehabilitation; aortoiliac stent placement; and optimal medical therapy (cilostazol) in individuals who:
- Are over 50 years old and have documented P.A.D. and aortoiliac disease
- Have claudication as their major exercise limitation>
- Are interested in potential research participation
See all NHLBI-sponsored clinical trials.