Questions to Ask Your Health Care Provider
If you believe you are at risk for P.A.D., discuss this concern with your health care provider. Find out if you should be tested for P.A.D. and what you can do to lower your risk.
- Does my medical history raise my risk for P.A.D.?
- Which screening tests or exams are right for me?
- If I have P.A.D., what steps should I take to treat it?
- Will P.A.D. increase my risk for other conditions?
- What is my blood sugar level? If it's too high or if I have diabetes, what should I do about it?
- What is my blood pressure? Do I need to do anything about it?
- What are my cholesterol numbers? (These include total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, and triglycerides-a type of fat found in the blood and food.) Do I need to do anything about them?
- What can I do to quit smoking?
Stay in Circulation wallet cards provide P.A.D. information in a handy, fold-out format with questions to ask your health care provider and space to record important health numbers.
Preview (JPEG 208 KB) | Download ( PDF 176 KB)