Diet Coke® Supports The Heart Truth® Campaign
The Heart Truth® has been embraced by millions of people who share the goal of better heart health for women. Sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) and supported by the American College of Cardiology (ACC), The Heart Truth® reminds women to protect their heart health and inspires them to take action.
Diet Coke has been an active and passionate supporter of The Heart Truth® for six years. Through its eye-catching packaging, retail partners and millions of fans, Diet Coke helps bring attention to the cause and generate support for The Heart Truth®.
- For the first time ever, Diet Coke packages will prominently feature the hashtag #ShowYourHeart. The social media-inspired design will be at the center of the Diet Coke 2013 campaign. Throughout the month of February, American Heart Month, these limited-edition packages will ignite an online conversation and social sharing around The Heart Truth®.
- More than six billion packages of Diet Coke carry The Heart Truth® logo yearlong. Each time people pick up a can, place one on their desk, or share one with friends, they're reminded to support heart health programs.
- This year, Diet Coke is building The Heart Truth® momentum online, asking its fans and followers to show their hearts for the cause by using the hashtag #ShowYourHeart.
- From January 22-26, fans can upload heart-inspired photos on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #ShowYourHeart to enter for a chance to win a trip to New York City for the 2013 Red Dress Collection℠ Fashion Show. Five lucky winners will be selected, and one grand prize winner will receive a $500 gift card to use during an optional shopping spree accompanied by a stylist.
- Throughout February, fans can also use their social channels to trigger a donation from Diet Coke to the cause, up to $100,000. For every fan that uploads a heart-inspired photo to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ShowYourHeart, Diet Coke will make a $1 donation to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (up to $100,000) to support heart health research and programs.
- Go to www.DietCoke.com/ShowYourHeart for more information on how to get involved.
2013 RED DRESS COLLECTION FASHION SHOW
- Diet Coke is the presenting sponsor of the 2013 Red Dress Collection℠ Fashion Show. The Fashion Show will be held at the historic Hammerstein Ballroom on February 6, 2013.
- Diet Coke celebrity ambassador, Minka Kelly, will walk the runway at the highly-anticipated 2013 Red Dress Collection℠ Fashion Show. Throughout the month, she will use her social media channels to encourage her fans to participate in the campaign and raise awareness for the cause.
- Minka Kelly will wear a dress designed by renowned fashion designer, Oscar de la Renta.
- Diet Coke is activating national heart health programs with key retail and restaurant customers across the nation, including SUBWAY® Restaurants. Together with Diet Coke, SUBWAY® will donate $50,000 toward heart health education and research programs.
- Diet Coke and HSN Cares have joined forces to raise awareness for women's heart health programs. Watch HSN for specialty items in February that support The Heart Truth® campaign. HSN has promised to donate ten percent of the purchase price for these specified items to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health in support of women's heart health programs.
©2013 The Coca-Cola Company. The "Diet Coke Logo" is a registered trademark of The Coca-Cola Company.
The Heart Truth® and its logo are registered trademarks of HHS. Red Dress Collection℠ is a service mark of HHS.
Participation by Coca-Cola does not imply endorsement by HHS/NIH/NHLBI.
Last Updated: January 23, 2013