THE HEART TRUTH® PARTNERS
The Heart Truth recognizes the important role that partnerships with organizations and corporations play in disseminating information and messages about heart health to American women. Since its launch in 2002, the campaign has joined with other groups committed to women's health, including community and corporate partners, to create a national movement aimed at delivering an urgent wakeup call to women about heart disease.
The Office on Women's Health (OWH) is a partner of The Heart Truth and the Federal government's champion for women's health issues. The OWH offers many educational programs and resources related to women's heart health and provides Heart Truth campaign materials to health professionals. If your organization or company is interested in becoming a partner please contact email@example.com.
The Heart Truth Community Action Program
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) created a program to address the lack of awareness about women and heart disease called The Heart Truth Community Action Program. This program aims to empower community organizations to assist women—especially those of color, low income, or in rural areas—in identifying personal risk factors for heart disease and motivating them to take action to lower their risk.
The Community Action Program seeks to:
- Increase awareness among women that heart disease is their #1 killer.
- Promote The Heart Truth, the Red Dress symbol, and the campaign's key messages.
- Provide heart disease risk factor screenings to inform women of their personal risk for the disease.
- Educate women about lifestyle behaviors that promote heart health and lower their risk for developing heart disease.
- Encourage and motivate women to take steps to adopt a heart healthy lifestyle.
- Increase outreach to underserved women, particularly those of color, low income, or in rural areas.
Additional Community, Government, and Nonprofit Organizations Supporting The Heart Truth:
- AME Church Connectional Health Commission
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Association of Black Cardiologists
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
- Black Women's Health Imperative
- Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc.
- General Federation of Women's Clubs
- George Washington University Hospital's Women's Heart Program
- Favaloro Foundation
- League of United Latin American Citizens, Women
- The Links, Inc.
- MANA, A National Latina Organization
- Million Hearts
- Miss Black USA Scholarship Pageant
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses
- National Association of Latina Leaders
- National Black Nurses Association
- National Coalition of Pastors' Spouses
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- National Latina Health Network
- Office on Women's Health
- Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association
- Sister to Sister: Everyone Has a Heart Foundation
- Spirit of Women
- Society for Women's Health Research
- St. Agnes Hospital, A Sister's Heart, Baltimore, MD
- University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Canada
- WomenHeart: the National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease
For more information or to access photography and other creative campaign materials visit www.hearttruth.gov.
Last Updated: February 29, 2012