Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2007
In February 2007, The Heart Truth® celebrated its fifth year at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, commemorating the groundbreaking partnership with America's fashion industry to raise awareness about women and heart disease. On National Wear Red Day® - February 2, 2007- twenty-three "Celebrated Women" of entertainment, sports, business, and media fame united with top designers to debut red dresses created for The Heart Truth.
Participating Celebrities and Designers
- Alek Wek for Ellen Tracy
- Angela Bassett for Carmen Marc Valvo
- Betsey Johnson for Betsey Johnson
- Billie Jean King for Gustavo Cadile
- Camilla Belle for Oscar de la Renta
- Danica Patrick for Jovovich-Hawk
- Helena Christensen for Calvin Klein
- Jane Krakowski for AlidioMichelli
- Katharine McPhee for Daniel Swarovski
- Kelly Ripa for Diane von Furstenberg
- Kim Cattrall for Carolina Herrera
- Kimberly Guilfoyle Villency for Nicole Miller
- Kristin Chenoweth for Rebecca Taylor
- Lauren Hutton for Narciso Rodriguez
- Mae Jemison for Lyn Devon
- Marlee Matlin for Douglas Hannant
- Mary Hart for Carmen Marc Valvo
- Natalie Morales for Tracy Reese
- Paula Zahn for Bill Blass
- Phylicia Rashad for Alia Khan
- Rachael Ray for Donna Karan
- Sheila Johnson for Bob Mackie
- Zuleyka Rivera for Gustavo Cadile
The Red Dress Collection℠ 2007 Fashion Show was presented by Johnson & Johnson and affiliated companies, with national sponsors Celestial Seasonings and Swarovski, media partner Lifetime, and make-up partner Bobbi Brown.
Designed to warn women of their #1 health threat, The Heart Truth created and introduced the Red Dress℠ as the national symbol for women and heart disease awareness in 2002 to deliver an urgent wake-up call to American women. The Red Dress® reminds women of the need to protect their heart health and inspires them to take action. Each February since its launch, the Red Dress symbol has come to life on the runway on National Wear Red Day with the support of the fashion industry and celebrity models at the Red Dress Collection Fashion Show.
Photos and graphics related to Red Dress Collection 2007 and The Heart Truth campaign are available in the Image Library. Press information about the debut of Red Dress Collection 2007, as well as The Heart Truth's February activities, can be found in the Media Room.
Last Updated: January 22, 2013