Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2006
Legendary Broadway Star Elaine Stritch performs her hit song "You've Got to Have Heart" on the runway at The Heart Truth Red Dress Collection 2006 Fashion Show.
The Heart Truth®'s groundbreaking partnership with America's fashion industry continued as fashion leaders-including top designers and celebrity women in music-united on one runway to debut the fourth collection of red dresses created for The Heart Truth. The Red Dress Collection℠ 2006 Fashion Show took place on the third annual National Wear Red Day® - Friday, February 3, 2006.
Created in 2002 by The Heart Truth, the Red Dress℠ was launched as the national symbol for women and heart disease awareness at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in February 2003 in partnership with America's top designers. In February 2004, 2005, and 2006, at Olympus Fashion Week, the Red Dress symbol came to life on the runway with the Red Dress Collection Fashion Show.
The Red Dress Collection 2006 Fashion Show was made possible by Johnson & Johnson and affiliated companies, and Celestial Seasonings, and Swarovski. Media partners were Woman's Day and ELLE.
Participating Celebrities and Designers
The fashion show featured 23 celebrity women paired with the most prestigious fashion houses to debut The Heart Truth Red Dress Collection 2006. Participating celebrities and designers included:
- Nelly Furtado for Betsey Johnson
- Lindsay Lohan for Calvin Klein
- Lee Ann Womack for Carmen Marc Valvo
- Elaine Stritch for Charles Nolan
- Fergie for Daniel Swarovski
- Jossie Perez for Diane von Furstenberg
- Deborah Harry for Donna Karan
- Natasha Bedingfield for Esteban Cortazar
- Kelly Rowland for House of Dereon
- Cheryl Bentyne for Jay McCarroll
- Eartha Kitt for Kai Milla
- Emmylou Harris for Kenneth Cole
- Yolanda Adams for Luca Luca
- Christina Milian for Max Azria Atelier
- Bebe Neuwirth for Narciso Rodriguez
- JoJo for Nicole Miller
- Patti Hansen for Oscar de la Renta
- Sheryl Crow for Ralph Lauren
- Audra McDonald for Richard Tyler
- Amerie for Tommy Hilfiger
- Michelle Phillips for Tracy Reese
- Thalia for Vera Wang
- LeAnn Rimes for Zac Posen
Photos and graphics related to Red Dress Collection fashion shows and The Heart Truth campaign are available in the Image Library. Press information about the debut of Red Dress Collection 2006, as well as The Heart Truth's February activities, can be found in the Press Room.
Last Updated: January 22, 2013