Strawberry and Pineapple Delight Recipe
Download Strawberry and Pineapple Delight Recipe (126k) handout.
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 package (8-serving size) sugar-free, low-calorie strawberry gelatin
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 large can (20 ounces) of pineapple chunks in fruit juice, not drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) of mandarin orange segments in fruit juice, drained
- 16 large ice cubes
- Pour boiling water in a large bowl. Add the gelatin and cinnamon powder to the water. Stir for at least 2 minutes, making sure the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Drain pineapple chunks, and save the juice. Add ice (or cold water) to the leftover juice to measure 1½ cups. Add gelatin. Stir until ice is completely melted.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until gelatin is slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg white).
- Reserve ¼ cup each of the pineapple and orange. Add the remaining pineapple and orange to gelatin. Pour into a 1½-quart serving bowl.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with the reserved pineapple and orange segments.
Yield: 12 servings, Serving size: ½ cup,
Each serving provides:
- Calories: 41
- Total fat: 0 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
- Sodium: 23 g
- Total fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Sugars: 9 g
- Potassium: 94 mg
Quick Fact: This refreshing healthy dessert will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Back to Session 7
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Your Heart, Your Life, A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012