Fresh Cabbage and Tomato Salad Recipe
Download Fresh Cabbage and Tomato Salad Recipe (51k) handout.
- 1 small head of cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in cubes
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (or lemon juice)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, tomatoes, and radishes.
- In another bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients, and pour over the vegetables.
Yield: 8 servings, serving size: 1 cup, each serving provides:
- Calories: 41
- Total fat: 1 g
- Saturated fat: less than 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 88 mg
- Total fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Potassium: 331 mg
Quick Fact: Your family will love this tasty salad. The small amount of olive oil, rice vinegar, fresh herbs, and spices adds flavor, but few calories.
Back to Session 6
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Your Heart, Your Life, A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012