Tender Care for a Happy Heart
Download Tender Care for a Happy Heart (17k) handout.
Choose one or two action items from this handout that you would like to do during each week of the training. Then, write down the date that you complete each action.
- Say something nice, positive, or uplifting to someone.
- Allow additional time to do things and get to places without rushing.
- Try a new hobby such as arts and crafts.
- Look for an activity that will allow you to make new friends.
- Show gratitude to at least five people.
- Tell your loved ones that you love them.
- Do something nice for someone.
- Think about three things that make you happy.
- Value what you have, and try to see the positive side of things.
- Do something special for yourself.
- Laugh and be positive. If you like jokes, tell one.
- Call a friend you have not seen for a long time.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and say, “I am special and unique.”
- Write down how you feel.
- At the end of the day, think about the things that were good and the things you can improve.
- Rest. Go to bed 1 hour earlier than usual.
- Listen to soft music to relax.
- Help someone in need.
- Plant a garden.
- Be thankful for your family.
- Seek support in your faith community.
- Speak calmly. Do not yell or scream.
- Take 15 minutes to breathe deeply and relax.
- Be kind to someone with whom you have differences.
Back to Session 2
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Your Heart, Your Life, A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012