Develop an Evaluation Workplan for Your Project
Download Develop an Evaluation Workplan for Your Project (31k, 3 pages) handout.
Write your workplan to evaluate each project using the guide.
Project 1: Training Promotores To Promote the Your Heart, Your Life Project in Your Community
- Your agency has agreed to conduct the Your Heart, Your Life Train the Trainer workshop for several agencies in the community. Your agency will train 25 promotores who have asked to participate in the workshop.
- Your supervisor asks you and two other promotores to plan the Train the Trainer workshop and to develop the evaluation plan.
Project 2: Helping Community Members Make Heart Healthy Lifestyle Changes
- Your community-based organization is in Ajo, NM.
- Your supervisor asks you to help develop the evaluation plan for the Your Heart, Your Life community project.
- The course is for adults aged 30 to 60.
- The goal is to recruit, teach, and increase the knowledge, attitudes, and skills of the community members attending your classes.
Project 3: Helping Patients Manage Their Risk Factors for Heart Disease and Make Lifestyle Changes
- Your clinic is on the border between the United States and Mexico.
- Your clinic has decided to get involved in a comprehensive project on heart health to help patients change their behaviors and lower their clinical measures.
- You and two other promotores attended a promotores conference to receive the Your Heart, Your Life training.
- Now, your supervisor wants your group to develop activities and an evaluation plan for the project.
- Who will be your target audience?
- What strategy will you use?
- List the forms you will use to collect the data.
- Describe the activities to carry out the strategy. Sample questions are given below:
- How will you recruit participants?
- When will you schedule the classes?
- Who will teach the classes?
- Decide who will handle the data.
- Who will collect the data?
- Who will enter the data?
- Who will analyze the data collected?
- Who will write the report
Back to Session 12
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Your Heart, Your Life, A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012