Costs of Smoking
Download Costs of Smoking (39k) handout.
Smoking one $5 pack of cigarettes a day for...
- 1 Week = $35 = Pair of shoes
- 1 Month = $150 = CD player for the family
- 6 Months = $900 = Color TV and DVD player
- 1 Year = $1,825 = Computer
- 2 Years = $3,650 = Dream vacation for the family
- 3 Years = $5,475 = Car down payment
- 4 Years = $7,300 = House down payment
Back to Session 10
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Your Heart, Your Life, A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012