Did You Know...
Download Did You Know... (303k) handout.
Nearly one out of four Latino deaths is due to heart disease. But you can do something about it!
In the Your Heart, Your Life project, you will:
- Learn how to keep your heart and your family's hearts healthy.
- Find ways to increase your physical activity, eat in a heart healthy way, keep a healthy weight, and not smoke.
- Learn how to talk to your family, neighbors, and friends about heart disease.
- Enjoy videos, games, role playing, and other activities that make learning fun.
- Get take-home materials you can share with others.
Classes meet once a week for 11 weeks.
Fill out this information on the flyer:
- Sponsored by
- Classes begin on
- For more information or to register, contact
An Ounce of Prevention Is Worth a Pound of Cure!
The course is free.
Everyone who completes the course will receive a certificate.
Back to Introduction
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Your Heart, Your Life, A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012