Pledge for Life!
Download Pledge for Life! (180k) handout.
Take the pledge for life with Lola Idad. Try to do one of these activities by yourself and/or share with others.
- Use a slow cooker (Crock-Pot®) for quick and easy cooking.
- Cook several dishes at one time, and freeze part of them.
- Order smaller portion sizes instead of larger portion sizes.
- Choose heart healthy foods and smaller portion sizes if you choose to eat at a buffet.
- Choose prepared foods at the grocery store less often.
- If the serving size is too big at the restaurant, bring home leftovers.
- Choose baked, steamed, broiled, or grilled dishes instead of fried.
- Order less meat and more vegetable dishes.
- Try not to shop at convenience stores.
- Go to the market when you are not hungry.
- Plan weekly meals, and shop with a list.
- Try a store-brand product to save money.
- Other (fill in your own)
Back to Session 9
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012