Pledge for Life!
Download Pledge for Life! (158k) handout.
Take the pledge for life with Lola Idad. Try to do one of these activities by yourself or share with others.
- Learn the serving sizes for foods.
- Limit the intake of saturated and trans fat, cholesterol, and sodium, as well as added sugar.
- Eat smaller portions of food, starting with smaller portions of meat, steamed rice, and noodles.
- Avoid having second helpings of food.
- Choose a variety of fruits and unsalted nuts for healthy snacks.
- Bring carrot and celery sticks to work for a snack.
- Add fruits, like bananas or raisins, to cereal or oatmeal.
- Choose fewer snacks that are high in fat, sodium, and added sugar.
- Choose water or sugar-free drinks.
- Share heart healthy recipes with your family and friends.
- Other (fill in your own)
Back to Session 8
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012