Pledge for Life!
Download Pledge for Life! (135k) handout.
Take the pledge for life with Lola Idad’s family. Try to do one or more of these activities by yourself or share them with others.
- Know the symptoms of diabetes.
- Talk to your doctor about your risk factors for diabetes and about your ABC numbers.
- Find out if you or other family members have prediabetes or diabetes.
- Eat smaller portions of food.
- Do physical activity every day.
- Lose weight if you are overweight or obese.
- Maintain your weight if it is in the healthy range.
- Keep a food and physical activity diary.
- Make reasonable goals for yourself and reward yourself with non-food items, like watching a movie.
- Other (fill in your own)
Back to Session 7
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012