Be Good to Your Heart: Know Your Blood Glucose Level
Download Be Good to Your Heart: Know Your Blood Glucose Level (212k) handout.
- Write your fasting blood glucose level here: (fill in)
- What does your blood glucose level mean? (fill in)
- Fasting blood glucose level (mg/dL):
- Below 100 mg/dL: Normal
Good for you! Keep up the good work!
- 100 to 125 mg/dL: Prediabetes
- You are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
- It is time to lose weight and be physically active at least 5 days a week.
- 126 mg/dL or higher: Diabetes
- You should work with your doctor and other health care providers to learn to control it.
- You should work with your doctor to learn the ABCs (A1C test, blood pressure, and cholesterol) of controlling diabetes.
Read the “Be Good to Your Heart: Know Your Blood Glucose Level” handout in Tagalog.
Back to Session 7
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012