Pledge for Life!
Download Pledge for Life! (119k) handout.
Take the pledge for life with Lola Idad. Try to do at least one of these activities by yourself and/or share the activities with others.
- Park the car a few blocks away and walk for 10 minutes.
- Play with your children at the local park.
- Start a weekly walking club or dance group.
- Take an interest in a new hobby like ballroom dancing or tai chi.
- Join a community garden project, or start your own garden.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Take a 10-minute walk with a coworker during lunch.
- Start a weekly bowling night with your friends.
- Dance to some music!
- Walk, do not drive, to your friend’s house.
- Other (fill in your own)
Back to Session 3
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012