Pledge for Life!
Download Pledge for Life! (135k) handout.
Take the pledge for life with Lola Idad. Try to do at least one of these activities by yourself, with family, and/or share the activities with others.
- Learn the heart attack warning signs.
- Talk with family and friends about the warning signs and the need to call 911 in less than 5 minutes.
- Remind your family and friends that it is better to be cautious and call 911 than be embarrassed about a false alarm.
- Talk to your doctor about your heart attack risk.
- Share your emergency card with other family members and/or friends.
- Encourage family members and friends to have their own plans and emergency cards.
- Remind your family and friends that both men and women are vulnerable to heart attack.
- Check your blood pressure and cholesterol levels regularly.
- Try to learn about your family’s history regarding risk factors associated with heart disease and cause of death.
- Other (fill in your own)
Back to Session 2
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012