Letter to Myself: Sample
Download Letter to Myself: Sample (185k) handout.
I have learned that I can do many things to improve my health and lower my risk of developing heart disease. I can help my family members make healthy choices, too. During the next 3 months, I will try to do these things to care for my heart:
- At work, I will use the stairs instead of taking the elevator.
- I will eat 2 cups of fruit (an orange and an apple) every day.
- When eating out, I will choose foods that are baked, broiled, or grilled.
- I will switch to reduced-fat (2%) milk for 1 month, then to low-fat (1%) milk for 1 month, and finally to fat-free milk.
- I will have my blood pressure checked at the local clinic.
Signed: Robert Hall
Back to Session 11
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012