Pledge for Life!
Download Pledge for Life! (135k) handout.
Take the pledge for life with Lola Idad’s family. Try to do one or more of these activities by yourself or share with others.
- Know the dangers of smoking and secondhand smoke.
- If you smoke, set a quit date.
- Smoke half the usual daily number of cigarettes.
- Share the information about secondhand smoke with others.
- Encourage family and friends to smoke less often or quit.
- Encourage pregnant women not to smoke and not to inhale secondhand smoke.
- Talk to your children about the dangers of smoking.
- Display the smoke-free home sign.
- Ask your children to make a sign to let others know your home is smoke free.
- Begin saving the money spent on cigarettes for a special purchase, like a computer or a vacation.
- Other (fill in your own)
Back to Session 10
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012