Sample Flyer: Did You Know…
Download Sample Flyer: Did You Know… (209k) handout.
Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death among Asians and Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders.
In the Healthy Heart, Healthy Family project, you will:
- Learn how to keep your heart and your family’s hearts healthy.
- Find ways to increase your physical activity, eat in a heart healthy way, keep a healthy weight, and not smoke.
- Learn how to talk to your family, neighbors, and friends about heart disease.
- Enjoy videos, games, role playing, and other activities that make learning fun.
- Get take-home materials you can share with others.
An Ounce of Prevention Is Worth a Pound of Cure!
- Classes meet once a week for 11 weeks.
- The course is free.
- Everyone who completes the course will receive a certificate.
The form includes spaces to fill in:
- Sponsored by
- Classes begin on
- For more information or to register, contact
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institutes of Health
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (Tagline: People Science Health)
Back to Introduction
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012