The NHLBI Ethics Office, Office of Management plans, directs, and implements a comprehensive ethics program in accordance with the requirements established by the Office of Government Ethics, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the National Institutes of Health.
Specifically, the Ethics office:
- Provides guidance on all conflict of interest issues for employees and the advisory committees that serve NHLBI.
- Administers the filing and certification of public and confidential disclosure of employee financial interests.
- Manages the filing and approval process for outside activities, sponsored travel, awards, honorary degrees and widely attended gatherings.
- Manages ethics clearance for NIH staff participation on clinical protocols.
- Responds to inquiries relative to conflict of interests, acceptable gifts and post-employment restrictions
- Coordinates the NHLBI ethics training programs
- Serves as liaison to the NIH Ethics Office and the HHS Office of General Council
For additional information, contact:
Ethics Office, Office of Management
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
31 Center Drive Building 31, Room 5A33
Bethesda, MD 20892
Phone numbers are available in the Abbreviated Staff Directory.
Inquiries can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Updated October 2014