Division of Cardiovascular Diseases Strategic Plan
Goals in Enabling Technologies and Methodologies for Cardiovascular Disease
Table of Contents
- Develop individualized/personalized medicine for cardiovascular diseases.
- Develop new bioinformatic tools for cardiovascular medicine.
- Develop dynamic, predictive computational models of cell/organelle function in health and disease.
- Improve biocompatibility and durability improvements for cardiovascular devices.
- Improve tissue engineering technologies for cardiovascular regenerative medicine.
- Apply nanoparticle-based targeted agents to diagnose and treat CVDs in clinical practice.
- Identify, characterize, and apply progenitor cells appropriate for cardiovascular regeneration and repair.
- Develop improved imaging technology for diagnosis and therapy for CVDs.
- Improve cardiovascular surgical outcomes for patients through evidence-based research.
Return to Goals of the Division of Cardiovascular Diseases Strategic Plan.