- NCSDR Director's Report: Michael Twery, PhD
- Sleep Research Plan Development and Discussion
- Action Items
- Future Meeting
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT
Dr. Charles Czeisler, Chair
Ms. Ann Austin
Dr. Mercedes Carnethon
Dr. Ronald Chervin
Ms. Karen Cushing
Dr. Leszek Kubin
Dr. Sairam Parthasarathy
Dr. Daniel Rudic
Dr. Catherine Vena
Dr. Michael Vitiello
Mr. Gagandeep Walia
Mr. Robert Waterman
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT
EX OFFICIO MEMBERS PRESENT
Dr. Michael Twery, NHLBI, Executive Secretary
FEDERAL EMPLOYEES PRESENT
Mr. Peyvand Ghofrani, NHLBI, NIH
Dr. Aaron Laposky, NHLBI, NIH
Dr. Daniel Lewin, NHLBI, NIH
- The meeting was called into session via teleconference and webinar at 1:00pm as previously announced in the Federal Register [FR Doc. 2010-29523]; Public access was provided.
- The Sleep Disorders Research Advisory Board (SDRAB) is a Federal Advisory Committee established by the NIH Revitalization Act of 1993 (42 USC Sec. 285b-7).
- Members of the Board were informed of their status as special government employees during the meeting and that conflict of interest guidelines apply to conduct. If at any time there is a potential COI, each person should excuse themselves until the conflict has concluded.
- Dr. Czeisler worked with those present to review changes to the strategic plan since the previous Board meeting; consensus was reached amongst those present.
- Additional action items were identified and discussed.
- Dr. Carnethon's team will add glossary terms to the strategic plan based on AASM's master glossary list.
- One sentence definition of Restless Leg Syndrome will be provided to the Chair by Mr. Waterman.
- NCSDR will identify all organizations that responded to the RFI and put that information on page 29of33.
- April 29, 2011, in-person [FR Doc. 2011-8157]
These Minutes will be presented to the full Board at its next regularly scheduled in person meeting for consideration, amendment as approved, and formal adoption.
I hereby certify that the foregoing minutes are accurate and complete.
Charles Czeisler, PhD, MD
Michael Twery, PhD
Last Updated August 2011